Tuesday, June 12, 2012


When I first heard about Vita Liberata 2/3 week fake tan I was very intrigued yet sceptical at the same time. My ultimate fake tan, Xen Tan Dark Lotion Absolute Luxe (link to post here) is absolutely amazing, but only lasts around 6 days. Vita Liberata claims to use pentavitin which is a special technology that locks in the tan so lasts much longer. Needless to say I was dying to try this out! The tan is named Phenomenal and is a tinted mousse which is easy to apply, gets absorbed easily into the skin, dries quickly and doesn't leave you feeling sticky.
Vita Liberata mention one application will last you seven days, two will last 10+ and three will last 2-3 weeks. They also suggest waiting an hour before reapplying and leaving the tan on for three hours so from what I understand heres the process you have to go through to make it last three weeks. 1. Apply fake tan with a mit 2. Wait three hours 4. Shower 5. Wait one hour and then reapply fake tan 6. Wait three hours and then shower 7. After an hour apply another layer of fake tan 8. Wait three hours and shower to wash the final layer off. Making the whole process a whopping 11 hours not including the time it takes to shower and apply fake tan. One thought about all of this - who has the time?!

After this long process I was so happy with the colour I decided the results were well worth the long process it took to get there. A lovely golden colour perfect for my skin tone and streak free. Now the test to see how long it lasted, especially at the time London was going through a heatwave. After four days the tan had gone patchy on my chest and around my arms but legs were still going strong. One week later my legs were horribly patchy and due to the patchiness on my arms I had scrubbed it off. Like I previously mentioned this lack of endurance could be due to the massive heat wave in London so I will be persevering and keep you updated but if it can't last in the heat I guess it's a winter tan for me. 

Have you tried Vita Liberata?

Vita Liberata pHenomenal is £37.50 and available from cult beauty here

filed under: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment