Monday, July 9, 2012

Mac Heavenly Creature Collection 
Mac have too many collections to keep up with these days, but their recent collection, Heavenly Creatures totally took my breath away! The most beautiful blushes and skinfinishes I've laid my eyes on in a while. The collection contains a range of products from Blushes, to Lipsticks to Eyeshadows and launched last week and I managed to get my hands on three items - they are going to sell out pretty quickly!
Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Centre Of The Universe 
First up the Mineralize Skinfinish in Centre Of The Universe, a little beauty in a black pot! I'm familiar with the Mac Mineralise Skin Finishes, especially the shimmer finish - see post here - they give a lovely colour to the face, aren't the finest milled powder around so I do be careful not to overdo it. The coral and golden shimmer marbled effect gives an overall peachy glow that's very illuminating and slightly frosty. I'm really looking forward to wearing this in summer - especially as a blush or highlight.


I haven't induged in a Mac lipstick in what feels like years, but Cut A Caper is a shade I couldn't resist. Personally I don't find the formulas of Mac lipsticks to be particularly amazing, they feel quite drying and do highlight cracks in dry lips. That being said I've recently found Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm (see post here) to be a fantastic base for applying them - problem solved!

Mac Cut A Caper Lipstick is a lovely coraly peach shade with a lustre finish. The shade can be built up from a slight hint of colour to a full blown peachy lip, both of which I love. I know I'll be reaching for this a lot this summer!

Mac Mineralize Blush in Supernova
The blush that made me drool - Supernova. Mainly, being the shallow person I am, due to the pink and gold design. It's heavily pigmented so needs a really light hand to avoid applying too much and resembling a clown - definitely not one of those slap on when your not looking products. It gives a gorgeous pink flush with a hint of golden highlighter that looks very fresh on the skin. 

What do you think of the recent Mac collections? Will you be picking anything up from Heavenly Creatures?
filed under: , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment