Friday, July 13, 2012


From going from not wearing or owning any blush at all to now being blush obsessed I think it's safe to say it's a staple for me now! I usually apply my blush with a Real Techniques Blush Blush or a Louise Young LY06, both of which I highly recommend. The Real Techniques one is a little large for those with smaller cheeks so Louise Young may be a better way to go. Both are ridiculously soft and don't shed. Score. For cream blush I lean towards synthetic haired brushes, as they are generally better to use with cream products, the Real Techniques Contour Brush for example, which is a little small but does the job. 

There's a wide price range in my top 5 favourite summer blushers which I'm very happy with! From £3.99 for Collection to £29 for Burberry. All you're really going to see here is pink and peach shades as that's all I really go for with blush!
I'll start from the highest price, here are my top 5 blushers for summer!


Burberry Light Glow Blossom Blush No.05 (post here) £29
Burberry are really winning for me at the moment and I love this so much, I may even have to pick up another shade! The texture is incredible, so finely milled and has is the perfect mix of peachy pink.


Chantecaille Cheek Shade in Laughter £23
I have been putting this to one side until I'm a little bit more tanned as it's definitely a summer shade. It has the most gorgeous golden shimmer going through it and is very very pigmented so a little goes a long way! Unfortunately there isn't as much product as some of the other blushers but none the less it's a gorgeous shade


Mac Blush in Peaches £17.50
Being a matt shade it's really natural yet being a gorgeous peachy colour adds a glow without any highlighter or shimmer. It's one of those slap on my face products as it practically goes with any makeup look and is very subtle


Topshop Blush in Flush £6.00 
Like I mentioned above, being a cream formula, I do feel the need to apply this with a synthetic brush. The formula is wonderful - not creamy or sticky and dries to a powder finish. It's really pigmented and again, a matt shade so looks very natural. It looks very bright in the pan but on the cheeks adds a really beautiful colour. It also looks great patted onto the lips too!


Collection Shimmer Shades Blushalicious Blusher £3.99
This is normally used after a late night, or if my skin is look particularly dull, it does a great job of helping me look 'lit from within' as it's quite a frosty finish so does add some glow. It's more of a sheer wash of colour than an intense shade but can be built up and there are four shades so you can have a little play choosing either the lighter or darker ones.

From left to right - Burberry Light Glow Blossom Blush in No.05, Chantecaille Cheek Shade in *, Mac Blush in Peaches, Topshop Blush in Flush, Collection Shimmer Shades Blushalicious Blusher
Which shade is your favourite? Any other shades I need to add to my collection?
filed under: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment