Friday, July 13, 2012


Probably one of the most anticipated launches of 2012 is the new foundation from YSL, Le Teint Touche Eclat. Launched 20 years after their infamous Touche Eclat highlighting concealer, which I'm personally not too keen on, but after much excitement surrounding this foundation I decided to give it a go. 

Firstly, the shade range - of which there are 22 shades available, that are split into rose, beige and gold colour groups, so there should be a shade for most. The aim of the foundation is to create the same effects as the Touche Eclat Highlighting Concealer, to brighten, enhance and appear more radiant which I can safely say it does! The texture is unlike any foundation I've tried, being a soft focus gel as opposed to the usual opaque powder, which can cause that 'cakey' look. It blends like an absolute dream, feels totally weightless on the skin.
Being one who's finish of choice is matte this wouldn't be what I normally reach for, as it's definitely a glowy finish. Not nearly as glowy as some tin tined moisturisers I own, Chantecaille Just Skin being one, but just adds a lovely radiance to the skin. I tended to opt for a mattifying primer underneath, such as Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer - post here, to control that extra bit of shine without powdering over the top. The coverage is definitely medium at most and wouldn't be something I described as buildable. 

In terms of application I've been reaching for my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which is how I apply most of my foundations on a day to day basis as it provides a flawless, even coverage. It does last around five or six hours before needing a touch up around my t-zone, which is a little too short for me, but due to the gel formula doesn't separate on the skin after time which is a big plus. 


One bottle of YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation will cost £28, which I personally think is totally reasonable for a high end foundation, but also making it cheaper than it's competitors at Dior (£31) and Chanel (£38). I've been reaching for the shade B30 which is a perfect colour match for my current skin tone, however hopefully in summer this will change! Overall a definite thumbs up from me! 

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation is available nationwide at all YSL counters and is £28. 

Were you into YSL Touche Eclat Concealer? Will you be picking up a bottle of their latest foundation? 
filed under: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment