Thursday, September 6, 2012


Hey darlings, I'm feeling a little fragile today. Amarretto sour cocktails on an empty tummy last night, I'll never learn. Are any of you going to the Vogue Fashion Night Out in London tonight? I'm skipping it, I don't think I can deal with the crowds of people who are going to be in town. Although its a school night, I'm heading to the opening of a bubble bar in South London. I know it sounds pretty weird, but there are free cocktails, it would be rude not too.

Today it's another one of my YSL beauties here for you, Rouge Volupte in 'Peach Passion 13'.
Unfortunately this one is a little too loved to show you the actual lipstick, it's in an embarrassing state to say the least. I'm literally getting every last scrap of lipstick out if it, that's how much I love it.
So instead, I've swatched it for you, and you can see what it looks like on my lips too.
For all of you who are a little afraid of brighter lipsticks, don't be, this is actually more of a gentle coral peachy shade than an orange. The pigmentation, as with all YSL lipsticks, is fabulous. It's so soft and easy to apply, and really compliments a tan. I find that it really brightens up my face, especially if I'm wearing minimal make up.
It's a great shade for the office to help brighten up the uniform too.
I've been wearing this lipstick all week, with Carmex mint lipbalm underneath, which I absolutely adore too, it's one of those that makes your lips feel a bit tingly and numb. These two are perfect in combination, they come together like lovers :)

The only downsides for this lipstick I'll mention are, it that it doesn't have the best staying power, you'll definitely need to re-apply throughout the day. It doesn't have the name of the shade on the bottom like most lipsticks, this is kind of annoying if you're looking to repurchase. Some people find the lipstick settles into the creases in your lips, it does tend to do this, but I find when teamed with Carmex it looks a billion times better, as it's being applied to a smoother surface.

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll know that I really love YSL lipsticks, I blogged about another one here. I do think they are totally over-priced, but I just can't resist. For a start, theres just something about the packaging that makes you feel a little bit special when you pull it out of your make-up bag. And every woman needs a little luxery in their life, right? 

Oh, if you follow me, don't forget to enter yourself in my Topshop giveaway. Good luck!


filed under: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment