Friday, September 14, 2012

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate £36 here, Origins Drink Up Intensive £20 here
As much as I'd love everything in my stash to achieve amazing results this rarely happens, especially with skincare. It's rare my picky self ventures out of the usual skincare routine but thanks to some seriously dehydrated skin giving me a push in the right direction I've discovered two absolute gems... 
First up is Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, an elixir which claims to replenish the skin with moisture. Feeling totally weightless on the skin but really nourishing at the same time. After using the Kiehl's for the first time and stumbling out of bed the next morning to go give my skin some good scrutiny in the mirror, I smiled. I actually smiled AT my skin, which is something completely new for the girl that is usually frowning and poking. My skin tone looked much more even and calm, my blemish looked less red and inflamed - it was pretty spectacular. About four drops of this after toning does the job, pressed into my skin with my finger tips and left overnight. 


After that success with Kiehl's, as I applied Origins Drink Up Intensive and inhaled the peachy scent I thought there was just no way it could beat the effects the Kiehl's had... The cream with a gel like consistency feels like a heavier moisturiser that my skin literally 'drunk up' overnight leaving me waking up to practically glowing skin. Despite this being designed for dry skin types I felt it worked amazingly on my combination skin, t-zone was less greasy and dry patches were significantly reduced. All in all balancing everything out making my makeup last longer on my skin as a result. Another big winner!

Both of these are something I use once a week, a night before an event or the night after a little boogie when I didn't get too much sleep. Some pretty hefty claims on my part but something you'll only see if you try for yourself! I can't rave enough about these! 

What are your overnight skin treats?
filed under: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment