Thursday, October 11, 2012


Urban Decay's latest eyeshadow palette release, Smoked is everything you'd hope it would be. No exception here, especially as the Naked and Naked 2 are two of the most handy amazing palettes ever - especially for a smokey eye lover like myself. You know the drill, amazingly pigmented, creamy and blendable. Perfection! They really hit the nail on the head when it comes to eyeshadows. 





Smoked is a tad more adventours than the Naked and Naked 2. The top row being the typical smoke eye colours and the bottom including some vibrant colours which I normally wouldn't opt for in a smokey eye like blue and green.  The palette includes also comes with a full size 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Perversion, a soft matte black. 


Being someone that sports a smokey eye on a regular basis, I immediately started playing around with colours and created three with different shades. There's a huge variety of looks one can do with these 10 shades and Urban Decay have even helped us out by including a little 'How-To' book with detailed step by step. 




Firstly I ventured out into using the forest green shade, Loaded all over the lid (which actually wasn't as scary as I thought!), applied a mix of Asphalt and Blackout in the crease and blended the three shades together with a Mac 217 fluffy blending brush. As the eyes were pretty intense I opted out of using blush, instead contouring my cheeks with Sleek Contour Kit, used a natural semi-matt foundation like Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion and paired that all with a nude lip, L'Oreal Rouge Caresse in Nude Ingenue




The second look was something I go for on a regular basis, a good old brown smokey eye. I started off by applying Barlust all over my lid, with a touch of Backdoor in the crease to add definition. I added a little twist by running the purple shade, Rockstar all along the lower lash line which complimented the brown beautifully! I finished off my eyes by adding a touch of Pixi Lash Line Ink to my upper lash line. 

I kept the rest of my face pretty simple like I did above but added a touch of Mac Well Dressed Blush, a subtle baby pink shade and graced my lips with a combination of Mac Creme De Nude and Benefit Dandelion Lipgloss




Lastly I went for a more natural look using the shades I had left over in the palette. I applied a mix of Kinky and Freestyle all over the lid, with a touch of Mushroom in the crease. Using the 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner Pencil in Perversion that came with the palette I lined the outer half of my lash line and blended with my fingers. 

As my eyes were more toned down I decided to add a touch more makeup, I applied Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation and a powerful rosy pink blush, Chanel Harmonie Du Printemps and applied Urban Decay Lip Junkies Lip Gloss on my lips. 

Urban Decay Smoked is £35 (extremely reasonable seeing as the 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner Pencil is £13) and available at House Of Fraser here. 

Which look is your favourite?


0 comments:

Post a Comment