Saturday, October 6, 2012


I recently popped over to the Aveda Institute for an Invati Scalp Detox Treatment. Apart from using a clarifying shampoo once a fortnight to get rid of any buildup of product in my hair, my scalp had never really gets any special treatment so I was really interested in seeing if it would change the condition of my hair...
 

The treatment aims to detoxify and revitalise the scalp by exfoliating it and removing any build up that can affect the health of the scalp. The lovely Jay at Aveda started off by choosing a specific oil for my scalp and running it through, massaging it in. After washing the oil out of my hair, Jay applied the protein treatment through my damp hair. The protein in the hair treatment comes from the food quinoa and helps stop the hair from being so porous, aids all the cuticles to sit nicely and helps give the hair more strength which stops further breakage. The treatment took around 10 minutes as the protein treatment behaves like a hair colour and penetrates through the hair quickly, without the need for steam or heat.

After having Jay blow-dry my hair (while getting a hand massage!) and seeing the difference in shine and texture I would definitely return for another treatment. My hair felt a lot less heavy, had much more volume and felt much smoother. The ends looked less straggly and dry and in general much more swooshy!

Jay was so so sweet and took into account my hair type, what I use on a regular basis and what I would like to achieve. I think my hair speaks for itself!

For more check out their website here! 
 
filed under: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment