Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hourglass Mineral Veil £52 Space NK Gosh Velvet Touch Classic Foundation Primer £9.99 Superdrug
There's one item I'll never skip when applying makeup before an evening out or a day in the heat, primer. Designed to increase the longevity of makeup, smooth over skin, minimise pores and keep shine at bay. Nothing new here, all primers seem to have those claims but there's one particular formula that seems to be causing quite a stir, so much so in fact it's the best selling item in the whole of Liberty Beauty Department, Hourglass Mineral Veil

Being the most decadent primer I own at £52, the formula is unbelievable, so silky smooth, practically like I've applied a different layer of baby-smooth skin on top of my own. It leaves a beautiful matte satin finish on my skin, blends seamlessly into the skin and foundation applies like a dream over the top. 

The big question is, apart from it's skin smoothing properties, does the formula do anything fantastic to the longevity of makeup in comparison to it's less expensive competitors like GOSH Velvet Touch Classic Foundation Primer? (£9.99)  

In terms of texture they are completely different, as soon as Hourglass is applied it makes my skin feel almost airbrushed, foundation applies like an absolute dream over the top and blends seamlessly, overall looking much better. Whereas GOSH feels heavier on the skin, has a slightly thicker formula and a velvet finish. 

After conducting multiple half face tests*, at the end of long days the difference in my skin was hardly noticeable, both were shiny in similar places and my blush and concealer looked relatively the same. 

wearing Hourglass Mineral Veil
Depends what your goal for a primer is...for me above anything it's increasing longevity of makeup (no matter how lovely it makes my skin feel) and I'll take whatever else comes with it! Hourglass no doubt makes my skin feel the most gorgeous it ever has but it's good to know there's something similar at a fraction of the price...

Have you tried either of these primers?

*where I get overly involved in trying products by applying one product to one half of my face, the other to the other side and compare the difference after a certain amount of time - usually a day. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment