Monday, October 1, 2012



Over this weekend the usual intense smokey eye here, failed to make an appearance due to lack of time. I drew on the Autumn Winter 2012 trends, where more of a wash of colour all over the lid was seem. A lived in, messy and undefined smokey eye. 

Being someone who favours a defined crease and smoking out my lash line this was completely out of my comfort zone. As opposed to choosing from a palette of 12 eyeshadows I only used two shades, shocker I know! I contested my undefined smokey eye with some heavy contouring and highlighted cheekbones and opted for a berry stain on my lips.


Skin
- Started off with YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat, covering my under eye area with Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer
- I skipped out on blush and sculpted my cheekbones with the Hourglass Illume Creme-To-Powder Bronzer Duo in Bronze, the jury is still out on whether it's worth it so stay tuned...

Eyes
- Using two eyeshadow shades from Natural Collection, sweeping Milk Chocolate all over the lid and following with Asteroid making sure to blend out any harsh edges so everything looked very lived in and smokey. For £1.79 these eyeshadows are an absolute bargain, they are a tad chalky but amazing none the less

Lips
- I dabbed a bit of Topshop Lipstick in Inhibition on my lips with my finger to act as a stain

Are you a fan of the seamless smokey eye or prefer more of a defined look?

0 comments:

Post a Comment