Monday, November 5, 2012



After dipping my feet in the dark lip pool my eyes became magnets to any dark lipstick so when I set my eyes on Aveda Smoothing Lip Colour in Rare Orchid it was only a matter of time before it ended up on my lips. Makeup Artist Adam De Cruz kindly took me through wearing a dark lip as it's something new to me, his advice was to... wear a neutral wash of colour on my lid, tons of mascara on my upper lashes, leave the bottom bare and apply some bronzer, which is exactly what I did. 
As far as lipstick formulas go it's fantastic, especially for a dark lip. Not too creamy that it will end up anywhere but your lips (in other words my chin) and is more on the waxy side of formulations which makes it long lasting too. Coverage wise it's the perfect balance of pigmentation, easy to achieve a stain or build up to a full coverage look. The shade Rare Orchid is part of the Passion Flower collection, which features two other lipsticks amongst eyeshadows, lip glazes and lip liners. 



Skin
- My newest base of choice, Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion with a sweeping of Sleek Face Contour Kit

Eyes
- Aveda Petal Essence Single Eye Colour in Callalily and Clinique High Impact Mascara with L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous Mascara

Wearing Aveda Nourish-Mine Smoothing Lip Colour in Rare Orchid £12.50 Aveda

Lips
- I started off applying a base, Aveda Nourish-Mint Lip Liner in Foxglove followed by Aveda Nourish-Mint Smoothing Lip Colour in Rare Orchid.

filed under: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment