Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Shiseido Laquer Rouge £23 House Of Fraser
Shiseido's latest release, Laquer Rouge quickly creeped its way up my list of favourite lip products (which is an extremely long one). It's one of those halfway in between gloss and stick hybrids - moisturising, long lasting and extremely pigmented. Sounds amazing no? Yep, it's got it all.

On the lips it looks like the perfect balance of glossy and matte. The formula isn't drying at all and is kind to the lips. I find that matte formulas of dark lipsticks can close up the lips, making them look smaller, whereas shiny glossy formulas make lips appear larger, so the glossy finish Laquer Rouge gives is perfect for wearing a coloured lip. 

The shade I fell in love with was RD607, a rich red, which isn't a shade I would normally wear but would be perfect for the upcoming party season. After heading to Shiseido to pick up another shade I was disappointed with the selection, only 8 shades and no peachy pink! I settled on a pinky nude, RD203 which I love none the less. 

Shiseido Lacquer Rouge in RD203 (left) and RD607 (right)
I'm really pleased with my first venture into Shiseido, if everything is this good I'l be in for a treat! 

Anything to recommend?
filed under: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment