Friday, November 2, 2012


Once a month lurkers, I'm sure some of you ladies know what I'm talking about. Those horrible under the skin, take a week to kick, blemishes. Every grey cloud has a silver lining they say - and this particular cloud lurker brought about the discovery of something truly amazing...

Unfortunately deciding to try out the Origins Super Spot Remover was a mistake, I absolutely love Origins but this left my skin looking so red, irritated and dry that not only was it twice the size it started off it was also impossible to cover up! A big thumbs down from me...

Time for damage control and bring out the big guns, I decided to try something Caroline recommended, Darphin Purifying Balm, which I'm sure you've seen me sing it's praises on twitter all week - spoiler alert: it's a total healer! Massaged in to the affected area and left overnight I noticed my blemish looked less angry, redness had significantly decreased and was much easier to cover as it was less dry and flakey! (Lovely details I know...)

After this positive experience I continued to apply Darphin Purifying Balm all over my face for that double whammy of keeping blemishes at bay and hydrating my skin. The aftermath was incredible, hydrated plump skin, lurkers significantly decreased and skin looked much less dull. It's a small pot for £41 but a little goes a seriously long way. I've been pairing it with Overnight Refining Lotion, which I've also been using as a primer before concealer as it leaves skin so smooth and makes it much easier to cover. The two have been a killer blemish combatting combination! Conclusion: Darphin Aromatic Purifying Balm = miracle worker, but you already knew that from this post      ;)

What do you use to combat blemishes?


filed under: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment