Wednesday, December 19, 2012


Despite the fact that getting ready is always my favourite part of going out (true story) I appreciate that one doesn't always have the time to do a full smokey eye like here or here, sometimes makeup is hasily done in the office bathroom, or a lift mirror (which was the case this past weekend!)

Whilst scrutinising my face in the dim office bathroom lighting, deciding how to update my look for that evening, I went for something that's never graced my face before - a simple red lip. One of the easiest coloured lipstick I've ever worn are the YSL Glossy Stains (post here - and yes, even easier than my AW staple - Clinique Chubby Stick Intense.) For a first time red lip lady they are perfect, super easy to apply, low maintenance and no lip liner required. 

Photobucket


Travel friendly products usually remain in my 'on the go' makeup bag - currently Daniel Sandler Invisible Radiance Foundation as it contains a concealer in the lid, has a beautiful long-lasting finish and despite being a touch too dark for me still manages to look natural. This is paired with the handy Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (post here) and three (yes, three) mascaras for ultimate fluttery lashes.

Photobucket
Starting off with some eyeshadow - I'll sweep the shade Venus all over the lid, add some Crave along the lash line and blend with a bit of Faint. Along with a red lip goes layers upon layers of mascara - after a squeeze with my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers I applied Dior DiorShow Lash Primer, followed by Clinique High Impact Mascara for ultimate long dramatic lashes. Coated my bottom lashes in Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara to finish off my eyes. For that extra oomph I'll paint my lashes in Hourglass Film Noir Lash Laquer which coats each lash defining and adding a super black coat. 

Photobucket

Just before running out the office bathroom I'll bronze up my cheeks with Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel and slip on a statement ring... Perhaps the next party I'll be back to the usual smokey eye. Who knows, I'm feeling the shade Gold could be gracing my lids. 

Oh and PS - the shade I'm wearing is number 9, apparently their best selling! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment