Tuesday, December 18, 2012


There are three things that scream party essentials to me - voluminous hair, something on my lips (I'm talking a gloss or a lipstick...) and dramatic lashes. I've got my eye on three main Christmas party looks but for now here's what I'll be doing last minute...
Hair: For voluminous hair a mini can of Oribe Dry Texturising Spray saves me, small enough to fit in my clutch for a quick spritz, but enough of an oomph that I don't need to carry around a comb. If my décolleté is showing a quick dusting of Guerlain Meteorites with a big fluffy brush gives that extra christmas party feel and slight highlighting shimmer. 

Lips: Nothing takes makeup from being plain to glamourous like a lipstick - this shade Violet Fatal by Tom Ford will be making its first appearance this party season (and not so I can parade the beautiful packaging round the girls bathroom) but because the formula of Tom Ford lipsticks are beautiful - creamy, rich and hydrating. 

Lashes: Despite being quite the faff, lashes are a perfect way to update a look, adding that touch of glamour. My favourites are Ardell Demi Wispies (post here) or something a little more dramatic Amy Childs Temptress. Hourglass Film Noir Lash Laquer has made its first appearance this past weekend, a small brush that coats each lash in shiny black vinyl, making each one appear longer and more pronounced - party lashes perfection! Being pretty time consuming it's something I only like to whip out for special occasions.

Oh and a quick spritz of perfume from my Travalo before running out the door, mine is currently holding Diptyque Eau Duelle.

Next up is photo-proofing makeup but that's a whole other story... 


This post is part of a party series, see part one here

0 comments:

Post a Comment