Tuesday, January 1, 2013


My eyes are the feature I tend to play up the most, usually in the form of eyeshadows and eyeliners with the occasional false lash thrown in. I've often come across those liners, that despite being a gorgeous colour, have tugged against my lids, smudged and once one even ended up halfway down my face. Just no. My little wardrobe of what I call on to line my eyes ranges from gels to liquids and includes an array of colours and brands.

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner
Waterproof, doesnt smudge, budge or run and is deep black. The nib is a little stiff but I've given the waterproof name a true test and can confirm it doesn't go anywhere!
Best For: Swimming!

Pixi Lash Line Ink
When applying liquid eyeliner, even for someone who applies it more or less on a daily basis, it does often go wrong. I doubt I've suddenly mastered the skill but for the last three months using LLI I haven't ever been unhappy with my liner. The brush is perfection, soft but not too soft that you'll end up with a wonky line, precise and doesn't feather out after constant use. The only downside -  the lid never stays on so they end up drying out pretty quickly - I'm already on my third.
Best Liquid Eyeliner around!


L'Oreal Super Liner - post here
Really similar to Pixi Lash Line Ink but a longer, thicker nib. Better or worse - whichever way you'd like to see it! The thick nib is easier as it's less fidgety but do end up with a thicker line. 
Best foolproof brush



Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner (post here) & Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil
Both are pretty comparable as both have similar creamy textures. Both will last over 10 hours on the waterline but Avon does need to be set if its on the lid. Bobbi Brown comes in variety of shades whereas Avon only comes in one.
Best For: a long time in the waterline

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal 
After going through nude liners from Pixi, Mac & Givenchy and never being totally sold, nothing beats Rimmel! It's soft and creamy, doesn't tug against my waterline and brightens up the eye by counteracting any redness. Goodbye morning after the night before eyes! 
Best Nude Liner

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner Pencil 
Apart from the fun selection of shades from purples to bright blues, they are creamy and soft but do last better on the lid than the waterline. 
Best For: A fun colour selection


What are your favourite eyeliners?

0 comments:

Post a Comment