Wednesday, January 2, 2013


There's that hard balance between straight and flat and straight and voluminous, the latter being something I strive to achieve in my flat-as-a-pancake hair. Long tresses like mine tend to get weighed down, and achieving some lift in lifeless locks isn't easy but luckily there are a few usual aids that help add a little volume. 



Starting off with wet hair I'll spray some of Elnett Heat Protect Styling Spray Volume all throughout my roots to protect against heat and add help add some lift, then spray HPSS in Straight all through my mid-lengths and ends to help tame frizz and add heat protection. 


I'll then run a dollop of Bumble & Bumble Brilliantime all throughout the ends of my hair to give some subtle texture and definition. 




After blowdrying I'll take a section of my hair from temple to temple and clipping it up, I'll then run my Jose Eber Straighteners all throughout my hair to tame frizz, straighten any wonky hairs and all some gloss and shine. 



Using a tiny amount of Schwarzkof Osis Dust It Mattifying Dust in my hands, I'll massage it into my roots too add some texture and volume. 



The Kent Back-combing Brush works absolute miracles on achieving instant volume (Even Cheryl Cole's hairstylist Lisa Laudat uses it!) Pulling my hair up straight I'll tease a little at the root, pushing my hairs down for some noticeable volume.  




So there you have it, the usual hair routine I crack out when I'm in the mood for something sleek and straight. Which do you prefer, the curls or straight look? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment