Monday, April 2, 2012


Lipgloss, is probably the only product that is always with me no matter what I'm doing, regardless of if I'm actually wearing it or not. One huge problem however is that lipgloss simply does not last very long! I recently wrote about the most unique lipgloss in my collection in terms of colour, the Chantecaille Lucky Brilliant Gloss - link - but recently I've added a new lipgloss to my collection, YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres glossy stains which are the most unique lipgloss formula I have ever tried!






Described by YSL as a gloss, stain and lipstick all in one. The packaging is typical of most YSL products; sleek and elegant with a slanted doe foot applicator that's easy to use. On first use I was totally blown away by how long it lasted on my lips! Even when I ate, the colour and a bit of gloss was still visible! Unlike a lot of lipgloss the unique texture does take some getting used to and learning how to work with. It's very thick, blends easily and feels quite creamy and surprisingly did not dry out my lips and was actually hydrating





YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres glossy stain in 18 Rose Pastelle from left to right - one coat, two coats, three coats
I found the best way to apply was to apply a first coat, dab it into the lips, wait a couple of seconds for it to dry and continue to apply a second. To build up the colour intensity even more I would then add a third, as it was so easy to build up layers. The consistency is very wearable in the day as you could use it more subtly applying just one layer or build up for the evening with a couple more layers. For those that hate sticky gloss I would not recommend these as they are a bit sticky but not so much so that I would be put off buying the lip gloss again! I've actually got my eye on a couple more colours! 

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres glossy stain in 18 Rose Pastelle

There are 19 shades to choose from but if you cant find one you like you can always mix colours by layering it over a lipstick and they work equally well! I've been layering mine over Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 011 Stormy Pink.

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres glossy stains are £22.50 and available here or at YSL counters. 
filed under: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment