Thursday, May 31, 2012


I'm know I'm not the only one who's been hanging around in the sun the past week, going from barbecue to barbecue! It has been a lot of fun enjoying the sunshine, but this year I have proclaimed I won't be baking myself and have cranked up the SPF from factor 6 (tut tut I know) to Factor 30 for my body and 50 for my face. A very big improvement wouldn't you say? Apart from upping the SPF number there have been a few changes to my makeup routine in this sweltering heat. I've made the move to tinted moisturiser as I've been trying out a few, even though I'm not sure which one is my favourite yet. I'll keep you posted...apart from that heres what I've been wearing for the many bbqs in the sun! Clothes wise in this heat I've been wearing as little clothes as is socially acceptable! Most likely something loose, light and baggy with a pair of shorts and sandals      ;)

Skin
- As I said I've brought out the SPF and my one of choice recently is this Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection SPF 50, which is the highest sun protection! I'm still making up my mind about this one, its a little greasy but at least it doesn't give that white film over my face like some sun protectants do
- For tinted moisturiser I've been using the new one from NARS. Its very light and weightless on the skin which I like but I do need to top up with some concealer, By Terry Touchee Veloutee, in places like around my nose where I need some extra coverage
- To add some 'summer glow' Ive been applying Chanel's latest release to the high points of my face, forehead, down my nose, and on my cheeks. It's called Soleil Tan De Chanel in 917 Sable Rose

Eyes
- For days where it isn't a 'makeup slipping off face day' I've been using my Laura Mercier Creme Eye Colour in Platinum all over the lid followed by Maybelline Colour Tatoo for lining the eyes and adding some definition
- I then go onto apply mascara, my latest find - Anastasia Lash Genius lets me choose whatever non waterproof mascara I desire and helps me make it waterproof so won't slide down my face in the sun! (post & proof here) I'm trying to use up my Collection Multiplier Mascara so thats what I used here

Lips
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 437 Emprente another piece from Chanels latest collection! I'm loving the Chanel Rouge Coco shines as a moisturising lipstick especially for the sun as they are so weightless!

Have you been applying the SPF if you've been in the sun? Which one do you use? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment