Monday, May 28, 2012



Searching for the perfect tool for applying foundation is always something that interests me as perfect skin is something I try to achieve on a daily basis. For a while I really got into my Beauty Blender (post here) but these are so hard to maintain, especially for a germophobe like me. I found myself having to wash them a couple of times a day and ended up not having the time. Needless to say they get saved for special occasions.

After hearing wonderful things about theShu Uemura brushes, especially being a ‘beauty editors favourite’ I indulged in my first, Natural 18 Foundation Brush. Very short and dense but flexible and extreeemely soft! Its one of those brushes that can be used like a foundation brush for actually ‘painting’ the face or like a buffing brush, for working the foundation into the skin in circular motions. Both I find, makes the foundation look like a dream – from full coverage to tinted moisturiser.


Brushes to me are one of those beauty items where there is a difference between more affordable and more luxury brands. In most cases you get what you pay for and with Shu Uemura 18 Goat this is no exception at £42. However, brushes do last a life time if you look after them carefully and wash them well (see how here)


I do love my Shu Uemura brush and it is in first place in my face brush league, along with Real Techniques, which are much more affordable - post here. So there’s a rave about a brush of mine, what do you apply your foundation with?

You can buy Shu Uemura Brushes at Space NK here or at any Shu Uemura counter

0 comments:

Post a Comment