Thursday, July 12, 2012



Making the week go by a little quicker is easier when there are evening plans involved no?! Here was just a casual dinner with friends at La Bodega Negra in London, which I really recommend if you're into Mexican!


I went for jeans, some boots and a new Peplum top of mine from Topshop - link! Even though when I first started seeing them around I thought they were very "un-me" I've now done a complete 180 and become a convert - so much so that I ordered two other colours! I absolutely love the silhouette they create, adding some curves yet being tight in other places. My favourite part about them is pairing with some statement jewellery - like this necklace! It's also great if you're going for a big meal.      ;)

For my makeup I went for something new - no smokey eye! Shock horror, just a little definition on my lower lash line with some brown eyeshadow. I kept my skin pretty glowy by skipping the powder and opted for something I dusted out of my stash, Dior Amber Diamond Highlighter, which is one of the most beautiful pieces in my collection. I stuck on some of my favourite false lashes too - Katy Perry Eylure in Oh Honey, they add a lot of length and some extra volume yet aren't too in your face. 


Skin
- My newest favourite combination of Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer (link to post here)  followed by YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation. I then used the darker shade of my Sleek Contour Kit through my cheekbones with a little bit of Mac Peaches blush 
- The star of the glow show is Dior Amber Diamond which I've gotten back into after a good 6 months of it sitting collecting dust, isn't it lovely!


Eyes
- Sweeping a light shimmer shade all over my lid, Mac Ploof with Naked and Buck from the Urban Decay Naked Palette in the crease, for some added definition. 
- On my lower lash line I swept some of Darkhorse shade followed by Dior DiorShow New Look Mascara on my lower lashes
- After curling my lashes with my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers I applied some Eylure Katy Perry False Lashes in Oh Honey which you can see closer pictures of here

What do you think? Yes or no to peplum tops?

0 comments:

Post a Comment