Saturday, September 1, 2012


Releasing my inner domestic goddess and DIYing a hair mask isn't something I've ever done until a recent rainy day in France where the ingredients in my kitchen came in very handy for helping improve the condition of my hair - the natural way. I choose specific ingredients depending on what I'd heard about them for adding shine, fighting frizz and deeply hydrate my dry locks. 

Photobucket

I wanted to use foods rich in Vitamin A to add some moisture back into my hair. Bananas not only are rich in vitamins A, but also B6 & B12, so they were the first ingredients to get added to the mix. Avocados and honey were next, to add some moisture and act as deep conditioners. Lastly, I wanted one more ingredient to help add shine - olive oil.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I used...
- 1 Spoon of honey
- 2 Spoons of Oil
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 mini banana


After choosing my ingredients, I proceeded to mash them in a bowl. I then applied the mask throughly through my hair, leaving it in for about 20 minutes. Washing it out was quite a task and it didn't smell quite as lovely as the ready made hair masks. 

For the days that followed my hair did feel noticeably more nourished. Shinier, stronger and less coarse - mission accomplished! No more unbelievable results that something like Philip Kingsely Elasticiser or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle wouldn't have given, but a much less costly option!

0 comments:

Post a Comment