Tuesday, September 4, 2012

By Terry Touché Veloutee £35 SpaceNK Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer £3.99 Boots
I'm undecided if the term 'You pay for what you get' is correct. On one hand I constantly find myself raiding places like Boots only to find a couple of items I truly love whereas more often than not the Space NK equivalent is a different story. On the other hand, on occasion it's clear I'm mostly paying for a label and some packaging.

 There's a great range high to low end range in my collection, focusing on concealer these are two that I favour, neither of which will come as a surprise as you've seen both on here before. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer & By Terry Touche Veloutee

If there's one thing that impacts my looks more than anything it's concealer. Hiding circles, redness or blemishes it's just a godsend for acne sufferers, late night ravers and those of us who are a little redder in skin tone. 

Let's just get one thing straight - there are by no means dupes, the formulas are totally different. By Terry doesnt crease, doesnt look or feel heavy and in fact, hardly looks like makeup at all. I could rave about this stuff till the universe ends, the major downfall is it only comes in 3 shades. which is something that the Collection Concealer doesnt excel at either having a poor selection of only four. The By Terry is one of those 'I'm not wearing concealer' concealers that make you appear as though you actually get 10 hours worth of sleep. The clicky pen makes it easy to use and easy to apply, especially in the mornings when time can be limited. 

Lasting Perfection Concealer is more of a richer formula, it's very high coverage and takes blending into the skin for it to look natural. It's one of the best drugstore concealers I've found. The doe foot applicator gets dabbed on little areas of redness that my foundation doesnt seem to cover - around the nose, chin and such. The packaging isn't the best around but a little goes a long way with this stuff and it lasts the entire day. It does have the tendency to go a little cakey but that's nothing a little pat with fingers doesn't sort out. 

In this case you do pay for what you get - two truly excellent concealers I would recommend to anyone. These are my two favourites - staples, that I haven't been able to find better. At least for now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment