Wednesday, September 19, 2012


I'm a horder - I have a lot of makeup I hardly use. I still own my first foundation ever, which was a cream and it's now rock hard and unuseable but I can't bring myself to get rid of it. This isn't even half of my collection - it's really unhealthy but then again, you're probably the same - that's why you're reading this. My acrylic drawers have been housing my favourite makeup bits for quite some time, inspired by the Kardashians storage and bought from Muji. It contains all my favourite face products of the moment, making them easy to grab and choose from. The stocks do get changed every now and again depending on seasons and tastes.

The transparent drawers ensure everything is noticeable and reachable, easy to find in a hurry without having to rummage through makeup bags for that one taupe eyeshadow I've got my mind set on wearing. For the items that don't manage to squeeze themselves into the drawers, they get placed on top. Nuxe Reve De Miel needs to ensure it's reachable place for chapped lip evenings, my holy grail foundation, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, a recent purchase, Jurlique Silk Finishing Powder and Guerlain Meteroites


Top drawer is all face bits, some new and in the process of being eliminated and some oldies but goodies. Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer, which I've raved about a hundred times before is joined by Gosh Original Primer which I haven't reached a conclusion on yet - I'll keep you posted. The usual concealers, By Terry Touche Veloutee, Collection Lasting Perfection and Perricone MD No Concealer Concealer. Base products tend to be the most splurge worthy for me. On lighter base days I opt for Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturiser or if I feel like a fuller coverage it's YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector is in arms reach too incase of a dull skin day. 


Second drawer is all the extras face wise, mainly blushers & bronzers. Mac Style, which is making quite a regular appearance on my cheeks as well as Mac Well Dressed. If my skin is in need of bronzing up Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel or Une Healthy Glow Mineral Powder is swept along my cheek bones. Smashbox Soft Lights gets swept along my cheeks if I'm in need of some extra glow.

For eyes there's a host of my favourite L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows along with Pixi Fairy Dust. The two palettes which seem to be the most used in my collection are Dior 5 Colours Eyeshadow Palette in Grege and Estee Lauder Bronze Sands, both of which have secured their permanent place in my 'eyes' drawer. Eyebrows get a little spot in the corner with Anastasia Brow Wiz representing along with NYX Eyebrow Fix


For the extras there's a Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, some L'Oreal Super Liner and I'm afraid something that has now been booted out, Make Up For Ever Smokey Lash, which I wasn't successful with at all. The mascara staples remain Max Factor False Lash Effect and Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill

This is how I stay organised, avoid rummaging through bags to stuff to find that one eyeliner I need to smudge out my smokey eye.  There's an in an out policy here, a couple of foundations, one primer and the favourite eye liner of the moment. Only one lip product, you'll find the rest floating around my various handbags. I'll have a shuffle around during Autumn but for now these are my most used items of the moment! Do you have a similar set up?

My Muji drawers are £10.95 for 2 and are stackable, available here
filed under: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment