Sunday, December 23, 2012


When the dreaded alarm strikes after a sleepless night (or few) and perhaps one vino too many, I'll pull out the 'Bright Eyed Routine' giving me 10 minutes flat to looking bushy tailed.

First up is time to treat those puffy bags, these sachets of Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels are perfect, two incredibly cooling eye patches to soothe and brighten peepers. I've used the Bliss ones in the past and these top them by far (and work out over £6 cheaper for each!). Available in handy sets of eight from M&S and I've got my bedside table fully stocked for this party season. Just talking about them makes me want to run to my stash and treat my eyes... 

After they've done their duty, I'll roll around my eyes with Clinque All About Eyes Serum, the roller ball feels really soothing on the eyes as well as hydrating, whilst having a light and weightless formula that won't interfere with the piles of concealer I'm about to slap on. 

Concealing those pesky bags is something I'm having trouble with, I've been putting the sheerness of By Terry to one side and picking up Sisley Eye Concealer with botanical extract,  which has a little thicker coverage and much more light reflecting, whilst being a lovely creamy texture. Again the cooling applicator helps to de puff (and I need all the help I can get.) 

Special snaps for Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer for being the most pigmented thing alive, covering anything from blemishes to bags (I've been mixing a tiny touch with my concealer on slightly worse days) stay tuned for a review - I'm head over heels for this stuff. 

Makeup artists favourite Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder will be swept over my concealer to set and add that extra brightening boost with Rimmel Scandal Eyes Liner in Nude along my lower water line to coutneract any redness and highlight the eye, making them appear more doe eyed. 

10 minutes to looking bright eyed and bushy tailed - without a doubt I'll be using this as my manual over the next couple of weeks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment