Monday, December 24, 2012


As much as Christmas makeup screams green eyes with a red lip (so cliché - I can't help myself!) I opted for something a little sparkly with a statement - gold shades. Swept along the eyes, lips and as a highlighter to add radiance and luminosity to my complexion. 


I started off with three Mac shades, sweeping the strong gold shade Goldmine all over the lid with a little of a shimmery bronze shade, Woodwinked and a chocolate shade, Mulch in the crease. Along with my smokey eye went some pink cheeks and lips, to contrast against the gold, Guerlain Roses Aux Joues Blusher in Chic Pink (post here), along the cheeks and Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain followed by Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector.


Special mention has to go to This Works Shimmer Balm, a tiny pot of multitasking golden sparkle that I applied along my brow bone, down the centre of my nose and as a top up on my lips as well as the cupids bow. Gorgeously light in texture, nothing too sparkly that will resemble the disco ball, yet subtle and natural. 

The question is - will I decide to go for a dark lip a la Clinique Chubby Stick Intense (here), Smokey Eye (as always - example here), a very rare red lip (documented here), or a shimmery look like above. 

What look will you be wearing this Christmas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment