Tuesday, May 15, 2012


Part of the Estée Lauder Summer Bronze Goddess 2012 Capri Limited Edition Collection is this beautiful Pure Colour Five Colour  Gelée Powder in Bronze Sands palette and since I've got my hands on it we've had a serious love affair! Apart from being really beautiful, and having gorgeous sunset colours the texture of them are unlike anything I've ever tried. They are Gelée Powders which makes then extremely pigmented, very blendable and very long lasting! Similar shades to the Dior Eyeshadow Palette in Aurora which I reviewed here but If I had to choose between the two I think I would lean towards the Estée Lauder as the texture is so unique. 


Having said that though I did feel as though applying them with a fluffy blending brush such as a Mac 217 decreased the intensity of the colours and made them a bit wishy-washy. Surprisingly I actually loved using my fingers to apply these (I never apply eyeshadow with my fingers!) as I found it was the easiest way to apply and blend them. If I had to choose a brush to apply them I would use the Real Techniques brushes as I felt synthetic hairs worked best with this Gelée Powder formula. 
Estée Lauder Bronze Godess Capri Pure Colour Five Colour Gelee Powder Bronze Sands Eyeshadow Palette Swatch


Above is a picture using the Bronze Sands Palette on my eyes, I used the golden colour all over the lid, followed by the bronze colour in the crease with a bit of the brown shade over the top. I then used the blue shade under the eyes.

Estée Lauder Bronze Sands Palette is £35 and available here or at Estee Lauder counters. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment